Application for Admission
Masters of Science in Psychology
In order to be considered for enrollment in a graduate program of Divine Mercy University, applicants must fulfill certain admission requirements. Below is a list of the requirements for the Master of Psychology program within the Institute for the Psychological Sciences.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionallyaccredited academic institution, or an internationally recognized institution.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA to be admitted. To be competitive, students should have at least a 2.75 GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Resume including employment and other significant volunteer history
- Written statement of intent (indicating how your goals align with the goals of the program).
Applicants whose primary language is other than English please note the following:
- Applicants whose native language is not English must have taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the past two years, and the scores must be submitted directly to DMU by the testing agency.
- TOEFL scores must be at least 100 on the internetbased version (iBT), 250 on the computerbased version (CBT), and 600 on the paperbased version (PBT). Academic IELTS scores must fall into the overall band of at least 7.0, with no individual band scores below 6.0. Test results must be sent directly from the testing agency, who will only make them available for up to two years from the test date. For more information, please view our catalog.
For international applicants, applicants whose baccalaureate degree was earned at an institution outside of the U.S. please note the following:
- Applicants holding degrees from outside the United States must submit any international transcript(s) to a NACES approved evaluation service for an evaluation of their transcripts for equivalency. For more information, please view our catalog.
- Applicants holding degrees from outside the United States must demonstrate postsecondary education that is, at minimum, equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Should the student wish, DMU can have transcripts reviewed and evaluated by a private source. The cost for this service will be added to program costs
After all application materials have been completed and received by our Admissions office, the applicant will be invited to schedule a video conference interview with admissions. Pending the outcome of the individual meeting with admissions, a group video conference interview with other applicants and the SOC faculty members will follow. If you are seeking admission to a program after the Primary Application Deadline has passed, please contact Admissions for further assistance and to inquire if additional spaces may still be available. Note that seating is limited and cohorts may fill to capacity prior to published deadlines.
For January 2018 start:
- Early application deadline – 10/31/17
- Application Deadline – 12/19/17
Personal Information, Enrollment Information, Academic Experience, Recommendations & Financial Aid
Resume/CV & Personal Statement