M.S. in Psychology (online)
Benefits of getting your Master’s in Psychology
- Gain a Catholic-Christian understanding of the human person
- Learn how to diagnose common psychological problems
- Advance your professional skills such as communication, budgeting, negotiation and crisis management
- Get skills to become an effective community leader or social justice advocate
Our program includes:
- 100% Online classes
- Fast-Track Option – Complete in 16-20 months
- Integrative curriculum
- Experienced, accomplished, & dedicated faculty
- Low student/faculty ratio
- Adaptable learning platform to address every learning style
Our program prepares graduates to:
- Flourish personally in their vocations and daily life.
- Develop and maintain relationships clients and stakeholders as well as effectively manage cases and facilitate groups.
- Handle situations, whether they might be in a negotiation, crisis intervention or de-escalation mode.
- Analyze in-depth theories and research associated with the diagnosis and treatment of common psychological problems and come up with a plan of action.
- Recognize and adopt behaviors to support the integrity and dignity of each individual they may encounter.
- Recruit, instruct and lead a volunteer team.
- Integrate research and program evaluation data for the improvement and delivery of services being rendered.
About Divine Mercy University
In 1999, a group of psychologists and academicians saw the immense need for an institution of higher education that incorporates the Catholic-Christian vision of the human person with the science of psychology. We believe in the dignity of the human person and a calling to alleviate suffering. The Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS) at Divine Mercy University offers doctoral and master’s graduate degree programs rooted in the integration of academic psychology with theological and philosophical teaching.
Our Master’s in Psychology Program
The MS in Psychology degree program enables students to increase their competencies as professionals in psychology-related fields, while, at the same time, to make an impact on those they serve, strengthened by knowledge of a rich body of Catholic-Christian teachings on the human person. This degree program is 36 credit hours over 2 years of coursework. Students learn to look beyond demonstrated behaviors and see the whole person, helping them to grow spiritually, emotionally, and biologically. A DMU education not only provides a firm foundation in psychology, but also the knowledge and skills necessary to help people develop virtues and flourish as human beings.
Contact us today at (703)416-0770 for a detailed outline on our MS in Psychology Program (online), and learn more, to help you decide if this program is right for you.